AdventHealth Registered Nurse ICU FT Nights $15K Sign On, $5K Relocation available in New York, New York
Registered Nurse Critical Care ICU Full Time Nights
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: 401 Palmetto Street, New Smyrna, Florida 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
$15,000.00 Sign on Bonus, $5,000.00 relocation incentive
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
Full Time Nights 7pm to 7am 3 12-hour shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performing cardiovascular, neurological, and respiratory assessments.
- Providing care for the patient requiring cardiac monitoring.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring interventions for cardiac emergencies.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring temporary cardiac pacer support.
- Providing nursing care for the patient requiring respiratory interventions.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding lab values and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge regarding ABG interpretation and notifies physician appropriately.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of hemodynamic drugs, invasive monitoring, invasion pressure monitoring as they relate to invasive and non-invasive pressure monitoring of patients in ICU.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of autotransfusion collection and return of blood products to patient.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of invasive and non-invasive temporary pacing.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of pulse oximetry monitoring application, setting, documentation and interventions / notification of physician.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of mechanical ventilation.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of procedures, set-up of appropriate equipment and maintenance of sterility in the emergency/elective insertion of all invasive lines and equipment.
- Demonstrating clinical knowledge of open chest cart, maintenance of sterility in the emergency set-up of equipment and appropriate assistance of physician as directed in open chest procedures.
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree
- Active Florida RN license required
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Active Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.