AdventHealth RN Med Surg $35,000 Bonus Full Time Nights in Land O Lakes, FL in New York, New York
"Registered Nurse Med Surg Full Time " AdventHealth SC Connerton
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth SC Connerton
- Specialty hospital for medically complex patients
- Pulmonary and Vapotherm Center of Excellence
- Staff consists of all Registered Respiratory Therapist, 65% BSN or above RN’s, Current staff certifications include CCRN, PCCN, CNML, WCNC, NEA-BC, and RN-BC
- Onsite BSN completion program partnership with South University with staff discounted rate
- Simulation Lab and Clinical Transition Pilot Program
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
- Identifies expected outcomes for the plan of care individualized to the patient or situation and for unit specific PI outcomes. Participation in identification of unit specific PI outcomes.
- The patient’s plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient’s cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and physicians orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents intervention according to hospital policy.
- Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits.
- Coordinates implementation of the plan of care through leadership and delegation appropriate to skill level including but not limited to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes daily with patient, family and health team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, participants in clinical ladder will have additional expectations in this role
- Other duties required
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Graduate of a school of Nursing.
- Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above act
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.