All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Benefits from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Ocala
· Horse Capital of the World
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to Advent Health standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with Advent Health corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Assumes staff RN duties and responsibilities as appropriate.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Minimum of one-year hospital acute care RN nursing experience and one year prior leadership experience
· BLS, NIHSS
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN preferred
· National certification in specialty preferred
· Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23028554
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Ocala
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $36.86 - $55.29
Location: Ocala, FL
Job ID: 23028554
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 3 - Night