AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager OB Days in Ocala, Florida
Assistant Nurse Manager AdventHealth Ocala
1500 SW 1 st Avenue Ocala, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
· Horse Capital of the World
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to AdventHealth standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with AdventHealth corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Assumes staff RN duties and responsibilities as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
· Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
· Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
· Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
· Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience or two years if has prior leadership experience in team leader role.
· BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN preferred
· National certification in specialty preferred
· Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.