AdventHealth Basic X-Ray Tech Ortho Office FT Days AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Basic X-Ray Tech Ortho Office FT Days AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida Ocala
Location Address- Ocala, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures and protects patient, self and other staff from radiation hazards.
- Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients and includes implementing infection control procedures for the work area.
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis. Adjusts/sets radiographic controls.
- Positions patients and takes x-rays of specific parts of the patient’s body as requested by physician. Processes film and checks x-rays for clarity of image and retaking when needed.
- Maintains x-ray film files in a neat and orderly fashion. Ensures that reports and/or films are available for the physician in a timely manner.
- Maintains required records including patient records, daily log books and monthly reports.
- Performs quantity and quality control checks to assure z-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules and company policies. Complies with safety standards.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- State of Florida Basic X-Ray Machine Operator certification required.
- BLS certification required
The Basic X-Ray Technician is responsible for operating X-Ray and fluoroscopic equipment that assists radiologists and/or physicians with diagnosing and/or treating disease and/or injury. Assumes responsibility for performing radiographic examinations that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned and processed adequately.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.