AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant Scribe AdventHealth Medical Group FT Days Ocala $3,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance in Ocala, Florida
Certified Medical Assistant Scribe AdventHealth Medical Group $3,000 Sign On Bonus FT Days Ocala
Location Address- Ocala, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification, American Medical Technologist (AMT) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), or National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP). This must be obtained within 90 days from the date of employment.
- Medical Scribe Certification should be obtained through the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists (ACMSS). Certification is required to be obtained within 90 days of hire date
The test to be taken for certification is the Medical Scribe Certification & Aptitude Test (MSCAT). Website for more information: https://theacmss.org/medical-scribe-certification-and-aptitude-test-the-mscat-purchase-page/
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
The Certified Medical Assistant Scribe provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider. Will also accompany the physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.