AdventHealth Certified Surgical Tech Full Time Days Possible $10,000 Sign on Bonus Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Full Time Days Certified Surgical Tech at AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full Time Days.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains proper body alignment of the patient when assisting with positioning patients for procedure
- Utilizes proper aseptic and sterile technique, and appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Utilizes aseptic technique in preparation of sterile supplies and maintains the sterile field at all times. Assists with monitoring all members of the team for aseptic and sterile technique compliance.
- Monitors and reports variances in standards of practice utilizing the chain of command in a timely manner
- Adheres to AORN Guidelines in maintaining cleanliness in the work area.
- Ensures all equipment is in working order and appropriately and timely reports and/or corrects deficiencies with equipment or the operating room environment. Removes malfunctioning equipment/instruments per policy.
- Proactively participates in the safe procedure review process.
- Adheres to policies regarding handling and removing of bio hazardous materials
- Adheres to the surgical count procedure per policy
- Demonstrates competence in scrubbing with and assisting the physician by utilizing appropriate priority-setting skills and anticipating the surgeons needs during routine and emergent procedures. Works efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items
- Adheres to the Surgical Attire (Dress Code) in Sterile Invasive Procedure and Instrument Processing Departments policy.
- Appropriately precleans instruments at the point of use for terminal sterilization
- Serves as an advocate for their patients' safety and comfort.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of surgical instruments and supplies in order to be able to hand surgeons the correct tools during surgeries
- Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and local, state, and national laws
- Ability to understand and process surgeon dictated instructions and directions
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft OfficeEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree or Technical certificate/diploma in a related fieldEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Two years of technical experienceLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- If LPN, must have current, valid State license as a Licensed Professional NurseLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Two years of technical experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.