AdventHealth Clinical Dietitian Full Time Days OCALA in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
· Collects, analyzes, and summarizes relevant data from the patient and/or medical record, including:
o Anthropometric and laboratory information
· Interprets lab values and estimates nutrient requirements based on:
· Completes physician orders in accordance with facility policy. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize patient care according to acuity level and policy.
· Completes comprehensive patient nutritional reassessments, addressing previously identified nutrition-related problems. Collaborates with nursing to complete nutrition screening for all patients within 24 hours of admission.
· Demonstrates dependability, to include attendance and punctuality
· Documents all aspects of patient nutritional services in patient medical record.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required
Experience applying customer service behaviors and communication skills required.
Registered Dietitian (RD) from the Commission on Dietetic Registration and Florida State Licensure is required; or achieves registration and state licensure within the first six months upon hire
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing optimal nutritional care to patients, which complies with the Joint Commission, CHS and the standards of care in the dietetic profession. Responsible for the medical nutrition therapy of patients; nutritional assessment, nutrition care plans, patient visitation, inpatient/outpatient diet counseling, monitors high nutritional risk patient (nutrition support) as well as assist in other areas related to the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.