AdventHealth Emergency Medical Tech I FT Nights - Ocala, FL in Ocala, Florida
Emergency Medical Tech I AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1stAve Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Safely provides care to emergency department patients, including therapies and interventions including but not limited to splinting, application of orthopedic devices, Foley insertion, accuchecks and vital signs etc.
- Thoroughly and legibly documents in the record all therapies and interventions.
- Performs accurate patient education and appropriate documentation (crutch walking, splint care etc.).
- Communicates effectively. Establishes and maintains two way communication with peers, staff, physicians and administration.
- Adapts to change in a positive manner.
- Follows through on problems that may compromise patient care by using the appropriate chain of command.
- Cooperates well with peers and supports group decisions.
- Accurately communicates patient information to charge nurse/registered nurse in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clear, neat and safe environment for patients and staff.
- Insures that supplies and equipment for patient care are readily available and organized in an efficient manner.
- Correctly identifies and uses appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Seeks information and guidance from RN.
- Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills for all age groups.
- Safely performs IV therapy.
- Safely transports patients requiring monitoring to inpatient units and ancillary departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
What You Will Need:
- Must be able to read and comprehend medical terminology and communicate effectively with others.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prior experience in the emergency medical field preferred; hospital experience preferred.
- Current FL EMT License required
- AHA BLS certification required.
The Emergency Medical Tech performs routine duties within the limits of documented training for the emergency department patient. The care is rendered under the supervision and direction of a Registered Nurse.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.