AdventHealth Financial Counselor Full Time Day in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
- Reviews all new IP admissions and observations from prior day(s) to determine the patient's insurance status, confirming eligibility and benefits available for the current visit.
- Research outstanding balances and previous bad debt for inpatient account and follow up timely.
- Works in coordination with ESS, authorization team and case management staff to identify and financially secure any patient with a self-pay balance.
- Visits all inpatient and observations patients who are anticipated to have a self-pay balance at bedside to financially secure each encounter.
- Requesting deposit based on the benefits quoted by insurance carrier (copay, deductible, and co-insurance). Requests deposits on all self-pay patients ($1500/day med/sur). Patients in critical care areas should not be visited for the purpose of requesting deposits until they have been moved to a lower level of care.
- Monitors daily/weekly reports for opportunities to identify patients with possible financial needs.
- Reviews daily ADT worklists/reports to ensure all patients admitted are financially cleared.
- Makes 2nd and 3rd attempt to visit inpatient/observation accounts for collections.
- Consistently meets POS collections goals every month.
- Will make every effort to collect all monies due to hospital at time of service. Completes and mails a financial responsibility letter to any patient who discharges without financial clearance after hours.
- Establishes monthly payment plan based on the estimated patient portion due based on current repayment policy in order to financially clear the encounter.
- Reports daily to department manager/director on progress and problems.
- Documents progress in patient accounts using the registration application and procedure.
- Communications skills are a must/plus, incumbent must be able to function effectively under stress.
- Must be able to work independently and follow all policies/procedures.
- Able to identify HMO plans.
- Familiarity with software packages and navigation techniques.
- Excellent human relations skills-ability to work with patients and families in stressful situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year of patient financial services required
- One year experience with insurance plans.
The primary role of the financial counselor is the financial assessment and financial clearance of all patients with balances due, either balance after insurance or true self-pay. The financial counselor will establish repayment of the patient portion due based on established repayment guidelines.. The financial counselor will request deposits from all patients with a patient portion due. The financial counselor meets established goals set forth for the role
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.