AdventHealth Nurse Assistant Non-Cert in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
- Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
- Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
- Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
- Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
- Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
- Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
- Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
- Discontinues foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
- Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
- Discontinues nasogastric tubes per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Evaluates patients on an ongoing basis utilizing the high-risk profile and administers preventative measures when indicated.
- Simple dressing changes
- Demonstrates competency in the application and care of the patient in restraints under the direction of the licensed nurse.
- Removes staples and/or sutures per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse. (Licensed nurse to inspect incision line post removal or during removal if concerns related to intactness of incision arises).
- Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed per licensed nurse, such as blood glucose monitoring.
- Documents vital signs, intake and outputs, patient activity, skin integrity, and procedures completed in the electronic medical record.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Utilizes the principles of cost containment by conserving equipment & supplies.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedure within Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served
- Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Communicates patient care problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality. Demonstrates awareness of patient's rights and functions as a patient advocate.
- Functions in a professional and calm manner during emergent/crisis situations.
- Reports malfunctioning of equipment and processes work orders per policy.
- Computer Skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Medical Terminology preferred
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a nursing assistant preferred
- Current BLS required issued by American Heart Association (AHA)
- Current Florida certification as a Nursing Assistant preferred.
To perform duties as assigned and directed by the licensed nurse in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the assigned department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.