AdventHealth Nurse Assistant Non-Cert in Ocala, Florida
Nursing Assistant AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
· Horse Capital of the World
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
• Ensures personal hygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients.
• Assesses skin condition on all patients for potential skin breakdown and implements preventative measures per wound/skin protocol. Communicates changes in skin integrity to the licensed nurse.
• Ensures patient rooms are neat and clean.
• Responds to nurse/patient intercom system in a timely manner.
• Obtains vital signs per unit standard, reports abnormal findings to the licensed nurse.
• Obtains lab specimens per hospital policy and procedure.
• Transports patients as directed by licensed nursing personnel.
• Discontinues foley and straight catheters per licensed nurse instructions and per policy.
• Notifies licensed nurse of problematic IV sites and discontinues peripheral IV sites per licensed nurse instructions.
• Discontinues nasogastric tubes per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse.
• Evaluates patients on an ongoing basis utilizing the high-risk profile and administers preventative measures when indicated.
• Simple dressing changes
• Demonstrates competency in the application and care of the patient in restraints under the direction of the licensed nurse.
• Removes staples and/or sutures per hospital policy as directed by the licensed nurse. (Licensed nurse to inspect incision line post removal or during removal if concerns related to intactness of incision arises).
• Completes treatments, procedures and documentation as directed per licensed nurse, such as blood glucose monitoring.
• Documents vital signs, intake and outputs, patient activity, skin integrity, and procedures completed in the electronic medical record.
• Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary healthcare team.
• Utilizes the principles of cost containment by conserving equipment & supplies.
• Demonstrates competency in all procedure within Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
o Adolescent o Adult
• Accepts reassignment in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Communicates patient care problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality. Demonstrates awareness of patient's rights and functions as a patient advocate.
• Functions in a professional and calm manner during emergent/crisis situations.
• Reports malfunctioning of equipment and processes work orders per policy.
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Computer Skills
• Excellent customer service skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Medical Terminology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Minimum of 1-year experience as a nursing assistant
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.