AdventHealth Nurse Manager NICU in Ocala, Florida
Nurse Manager NICU AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1 st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Responsible for the oversight, including but not limited to the planning, administering and evaluating the 24 hour operation of the NICU Level II with 12 beds. The manager will be accountable and responsible for the professional practice, clinical outcomes, human resource management, financial performance, customer satisfaction and refinement in response to needs and trends. The manager must be able to work in a cooperative manner with all members of the healthcare team and have a high level of responsiveness with a prevent track record of creating a positive work environment. The manager must foster an environment of respect, sensitivity and inclusion for all. The nurse manager must be able to provide support and encouragement and provide constructive feedback for improvement when warranted through clear verbal and written communications and active listening. This leadership position will oversee approximately 65 employees and must oversee the use of staff and resources to provide exceptional outcomes while promoting financial viability.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience working in a NICU Level III setting.
· 2 years in nursing supervisory capacity with emphasis on operations, clinical compliance, finance and marketing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN in Nursing required, MS in Nursing of Business preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Active RN license in the state of Florida.
· Current NRP, Stable and BLS.
· National certification in Neonatal Intensive Care nursing or Nursing Administration.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.