Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group
• Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
• Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
• Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
• Company Discount programs
• Growing Organization
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
• Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
• Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
• Utilizes fetal monitoring screening for auscultating, monitoring, and assessment of fetal heart tones.
• Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
• Documents patient care findings within established standards and accreditation requirements.
• Manages the medical plan of care prescribed for the client, based on protocols or guidelines adopted jointly by the certified nurse midwife, and attending physician. Review and revise protocols/guidelines annually. Addresses physical, psychosocial, spiritual, developmental, educational, and discharge needs.
• Initiates referrals to external or internal care providers or community agencies as needed.
• Seeks appropriate resources to clarify information concerning the nursing/medical care regime as needed. Coordinates care by collaborating with physicians and others to obtain appropriate services, including multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Provides an accurate, thorough and timely report of patient’s condition to physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
• Initiates the multidisciplinary teaching plan which provides information to patient/ family/ significant other in the areas of (as appropriate): the safe and effective use of medications, nutrition/modified diets, potential food/drug interactions, safe and effective use of equipment, rehabilitative techniques, access to community resources and when and how to obtain further treatment.
• Communicates the plan of care across the continuum by thoroughly completing appropriate transfer forms and discharge summary forms.
• Selects therapeutic interventions which are appropriate to the patient’s needs and desired outcomes.
• Implements care according to the patient’s plan of care in collaboration with the patient/significant other and health care team.
• Exercises critical thinking skills to make sound clinical judgments about patient care as evidenced by practice patterns, documentation and patient outcomes.
• Uses appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication to demonstrate warmth and caring and to provide a healing environment.
• Maintains competency in professional nursing practice and additional competencies as appropriate to the patient population served.
• Recognizes life-threatening situations and intervenes correctly with minimal supervision.
• Reassesses patients regularly and revises interventions/plan of care based on evaluation of effectiveness, change in medical condition and/or patient satisfaction. Documents the patient’s progress toward identified outcomes.
• Reports changes in patient condition in a timely and effective manner.
• Documents the patient’s condition and capability to manage continuing care needs in the discharge/transfer note.
• Counsel individuals, families and groups about health and illness and promote health maintenance.
• Supports and adheres to organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
• Practice reflects knowledge and honoring of patient rights, Advance Directives and Ethics Committee referral process.
• Demonstrates patient advocacy and the ability to promote patient satisfaction.
• Honors patient dignity, privacy and confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
• Demonstrates collaborative behaviors with members of the health care team.
• Promotes a positive image within hospital system and community.
• Models behaviors conducive to the developmental needs of staff and helps them develop their potential.
• Works within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act and adheres to regulatory standards.
• Maintains an unwavering commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior and honesty.
• Delegates and/or assigns nursing care responsibilities considering the following factors - the degree of supervision needed by the associate, competence and experience level, staff availability, and patient acuity.
• Initiates and maintains accurate records, appropriate legal documents and other health and nursing care reports.
• Transmits/prescribes prescription orders pursuant to written protocols as authorized by a sponsoring physician and in accordance with DEA requirements.
• Makes positive contributions to and supports the development and execution of policies/procedures/ standards/protocols.
• Participates in the implementation of the change process and provides feedback.
• Recognize, develop and implement professional and community education programs related to health care as required.
• Participate in periodic and joint evaluation of services rendered including, but not limited to chart review and patient evaluations.
• Utilizes interpersonal skills/strategies with individuals to achieve satisfaction and /or desired outcomes.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
• Manages the use of supplies/equipment in an efficient manner. Follows appropriate procedures for charging patients and returning equipment.
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s Degree in Nursing
· No Previous Experience is Required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
• BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
• ACLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is a professional nurse licensed in Florida to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. The Certified Nurse Midwife functions in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of primary health care services. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients. The Certified Nurse Midwife is directly accountable and responsible to the patient.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23026786
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 1307 S PINE AVE
Pay Range: $42.312 - $63.468
Location: Ocala, FL
Job ID: 23026786
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day