AdventHealth Patient Navigator Bariatrics AdventHealth Medical Group FT Days Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Patient Navigator Bariatrics AdventHealth Medical Group FT Days Ocala
Work Location: Ocala,FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group
- Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
- Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
- Patient facing positions receive company paid initial sets of scrubs
- Company Discount programs
- Growing Organization
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteous when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Ability to organize and pay strict attention to details
- Collects data and records in required spreadsheet format daily
- Assists and/or conducts patient weight loss seminars.
- Performs front office responsibilities including scheduling, verification and authorization for bariatric patients.
- Maintains current knowledge for insurance requirements for bariatric surgery.
- Communicates accurate information to patients and families and other providers and service representatives.
- Provides education to patients and families.
- Maintains and provides organized information to patients and families regarding scheduling, appointments, nutritional requirements and insurance processes to assure speed to surgery.
- Communicates effectively with front desk staff in practices to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting.
- Current, valid CPR certification is required (BLS).
The Bariatric Navigator will work under the direction of the Manager and Director tofacilitate and coordinate bariatric patient care within the practice and the hospital. The Bariatric Navigator will work closely with the Bariatric Coordinator and service line leaders from the hospital. Individual must work seamlessly with: patients, healthcare teams, resource providers and insurance companies. The Bariatric Navigator will assist patents in meeting their insurance and clinical requirements to aid in speed to surgery. Individual is rresponsible for assisting with front office operations including but not limited to scheduling, insurance verification and authorization. Individual is responsible for working with the office staff, dietician and psychologist to assure patient compliance to keep patients on track with surgery. Individual will assist with patient appointments in coordination with the medical assistant. This individual will work directly with the insurance companies to submit required medical documentation to obtain surgical authorization. The Bariatric Navigator will also assist with the planning and implementation of weight loss seminars to aid in patient recruitment.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Experience
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.