AdventHealth Patient Sitter/Transporter Full-time Days in Ocala, Florida
Patient Sitter/Transporter, Full-time Days, AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Work Hours/Shift: Full-time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates “Caring and Patient First” Behaviors.
· Introduces self to patient and explains role to patient, introduces on –coming sitter.
· Properly use stretcher, wheelchair, and beds during transport.
· Knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to Baker/Marchman Act
· Ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and document information accurately.
· Demonstrates respect for human dignity and self-worth, interacts with the patients in a non-judgmental manner. Is respectful and aware of cultural diversity.
· Maintains patient privacy 100% of the time.
· Acknowledges patients in a friendly manner.
· Demonstrates care for one another and respect for each person’s unique circumstance.
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Ability to remain calm and focused during stressful and/or emotionally charged situations
· Ability to obtain vital signs and bedside glucose results with appropriate equipment (BSC or Dinamap)
· Ability to monitor and record oral intake
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
· Is knowledgeable and complies with the stated institutional activities and expectations.
· Has effective communication between all team members, patients, and families.
· Maintains a safe environment for patients, coworkers, and visitors.
· Does not provide direct patient care.
· Alarms Registered Nurse with patient problems, concerns, or requests.
· Maintains patient confidentiality, uses universal precautions, adheres to isolation requirements.
· Assists to keep environment clean and uncluttered for safety reasons.
· Demonstrates safety in sitting with patients while in restraints, or fall precaution.
· Conforms to dress code, time and attendance policies.
· Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth.
· Completes all mandatory educational requirements.
· Attends required hospital wide meetings and attends at least 75% of unit staff meetings (reviews meeting minutes if not attended).
· Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication.
· Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers.
· Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions.
· Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors.
· Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
· Conduct themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times.
· Demonstrate patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior.
· Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
· Practice financial responsibility.
· Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
· Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· One or more years in a clinical/hospital setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma
· Must have ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year, or more, experience as a Patient Sitter or Psychiatric Tech
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· AHA BLS
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
The Patient Sitter/Transporter responsibilities include but are not limited to 1. Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. 2. Transportation responsibilities include the transportation of patients and patient related equipment with the hospital. The patient transporter role is important to the throughput of patients within the medical center. 3. Obtainment of patient vital signs and bedside glucose readings using appropriate equipment. The needs and concerns of the patients are acknowledged by sensing, helping, acknowledging, respecting, and explaining. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.