AdventHealth Pharmacy Technician II Evening Shift in Ocala, Florida
Pharmacy Technician II AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Actively performs all pharmacy functions and maintains active proficiency in: Standard work parameters, Operational programs, Dispensing and compounding systems, Hospital computer systems, Medication ordering systems
- Maintains operational proficiency to provide coverage of (at least one of the following areas): Central Pharmacy, IV Room, Oncology Pharmacy Satellite, Operating Room Satellite, CVICU Pharmacy Satellite
- Oversees appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems: Accurately interprets electronic records, Maintains expertise in Cerner processes, Manages proper and complete patient profile record
- Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient‐specific medication doses: Manages medication dispensing activities, Ensures accuracy of all medication products prepared for dispensing, Oversees oral and injectable product compounding, Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
- High school degree
- Registered Pharmacy Technician in their respective state or within 90 days based on state requirement
Prepares and organizes pharmacy medications by name and dosage, as listed on patient orders. To provide safe and accurate medication services and to support all those involved in direct patient care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.