Physician Practice Manager FT Days AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1 st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World – Home to the World Equestrian Center
Affordable cost of living
Destination for outdoor enthusiast (golf, kayaking, horseback riding, nature trails)
Vibrant downtown area with award winning establishments
Family friendly with many parks and recreations
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
AdventHealth Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
Full-Time / Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Promotes the philosophy, mission and vision of Florida Hospital and Adventist Health system to employees, patients, and other contacts outside the facility.
• Provides for a safe and complete environment for the delivery of patient care through operational processes and protocols, practice rounds, inventory control, and equipment checks. Corrects any known deficiencies.
• Manages all staff within the assigned practices. Acts as a liaison between support staff and physicians.
• Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, evaluation of staff and dismissal, with the exception of employed physicians. Works with Director of Operations and Shared Services on the corrective action process and dismissal of staff.
• Motivates staff and organizes day-to-day activity of department. Ensures scheduling of staff to promote provider productivity as well as to promote high clinical quality, high service quality, operational and financial viability, and to ensure appropriate patient access to practice
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
Knowledge of compliant coding guidelines, reimbursement procedures, medical records management, and efficient practice operations.
Practical knowledge and experience in working with practice management software systems with the ability to direct workflow in order to optimize operations.
Experience in budgetary finance and accounting skills with regards to practice management and operations.
Maintains effective relationships and open communication with patients, families, management, staff, contractors’ insurance companies and the outside community.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Excellent management and verbal/written communication skills; experience in and knowledge of medical office operations, billing and finance. Ability to analyze financial data as well as to incorporate results of that analysis into practice operations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Associates degree in health, business administration, or other relevant field or practical experience in managing physician practices.
The Practice Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational success of the assigned medical practice(s). A Practice Manager has a one or two practice locations with one to three providers. Provides management support and direction utilizing the tools that have been provided, including the coordination of all practice activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment. Responsible for providing support service to the assigned physician practice including compliance, auditing, coding, credentialing, accounts receivable, and denial management and ensures cost-effective, high-quality health care services for all patients.
Works to create an environment of efficient practice operations in cooperation with the appropriate support systems to provide timely and accurate information as needed. Must possess a working knowledge of the revenue cycle management process. Responsible for verification of patient insurance benefits, daily collections (co-pays, deductibles, coinsurance, etc.), daily charge entry, daily bank deposits, daily reconciled batches, daily submission of outpatient total. Responsible for submitting timely and accurate month-end and year-to-date activity reports.
Responsible for ensuring the consistent and appropriate interpretation, evaluation and application of the policies and procedures as established by Florida Hospital. Promotes and develops effective and efficient communication in order to promote a positive work environment and optimal operational workflow. Supports the optimal operational workflow of practices through cooperation, collaboration, communication, and flexibility with support departments on their behalf.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AHMG West Florida
Req ID: 21042257
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.