AdventHealth Physician Practice Manager OB Practice AdventHealth Medical Group FT Days Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Physician Practice Manager OB Practice AdventHealth Medical Group FT Days Ocala
Location Address- Ocala, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
- Promotes the philosophy, mission and vision of Florida Hospital and Adventist Health system to employees, patients, and other contacts outside the facility.
- Provides for a safe and complete environment for the delivery of patient care through operational processes and protocols, practice rounds, inventory control, and equipment checks. Corrects any known deficiencies.
- Manages all staff within the assigned practices. Acts as a liaison between support staff and physicians.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, evaluation of staff and dismissal, with the exception of employed physicians. Works with Director of Operations and Shared Services on the corrective action process and dismissal of staff.
- Motivates staff and organizes day-to-day activity of department. Ensures scheduling of staff to promote provider productivity as well as to promote high clinical quality, high service quality, operational and financial viability, and to ensure appropriate patient access to practice
- Holds staff meetings at least once per month to keep employees informed of developments.
- Works with Providers and staff to ensure schedules are maximized for efficiencies and physician productivity on a daily basis
- Manages the point-of-service collection function in the practice and meets thresholds set by management.
- Ensures that all charges are captured and entered within the timelines established by management.
- Ensures that all payments are entered, balanced and deposited within the timelines established by management.
- Ensures that all tasks are addressed and worked based upon the turn-around guidelines established by management including but not limited to those associated with the revenue cycle and the EHR.
- Reviews monthly financial performance for assigned practice and makes recommendations for improvements to their respective Director and physicians/providers
- Coordinates/assists in specific functions and activities of assigned practice – including IT, accounting, HR, payroll, materials management, engineering and other support services.
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Associates degree in health, business administration, or other relevant field or practical experience in managing physician practices.
The Practice Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational success of the assigned medical practice(s). A Practice Manager has a one or two practice locations with one to three providers. Provides management support and direction utilizing the tools that have been provided, including the coordination of all practice activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment. Responsible for providing support service to the assigned physician practice including compliance, auditing, coding, credentialing, accounts receivable, and denial management and ensures cost-effective, high-quality health care services for all patients.
Works to create an environment of efficient practice operations in cooperation with the appropriate support systems to provide timely and accurate information as needed. Must possess a working knowledge of the revenue cycle management process. Responsible for verification of patient insurance benefits, daily collections (co-pays, deductibles, coinsurance, etc.), daily charge entry, daily bank deposits, daily reconciled batches, daily submission of outpatient total. Responsible for submitting timely and accurate month-end and year-to-date activity reports.
Responsible for ensuring the consistent and appropriate interpretation, evaluation and application of the policies and procedures as established by Florida Hospital. Promotes and develops effective and efficient communication in order to promote a positive work environment and optimal operational workflow. Supports the optimal operational workflow of practices through cooperation, collaboration, communication, and flexibility with support departments on their behalf.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.