AdventHealth Pre Admission Testing Tech Full Time Days Ocala in Ocala, Florida
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Accurately identifies the patient using two hospital approved patient identifiers, name and DOB.
· Properly labels all specimens with the correct patient label at the patient’s bedside to assure accuracy of results.
· Perform EKG’s
· Places patient sample in the appropriate department for processing.
· Maintain all supplies and equipment.
· Complete delegated daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
· Excellent customer service.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to operate job necessary equipment efficiently
· Ability to function independently
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Phlebotomist-one to six months training.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· AHA BLS-Certified
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· National Phlebotomy Technician Certification preferred
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
Performs blood draws and EKG’s for accurate and timely testing in the Pre-Admission Testing department. Coordinates the day to day phlebotomy and EKG operations in the Pre-Admission Testing department. Maintains all equipment and supplies for EKG’s and phlebotomy in the Pre-Admission Testing department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.