AdventHealth Registered Nurse Educator ICU Cardiology Full Time Days in Ocala, Florida
RN Critical Care Educator Clinical AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1stAve Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Coordinates continuing education programs with responsibility for planning, development, implementation, evaluation and record keeping. Will develop CE offerings for submission.
- Assures and facilitates the coordination of educational activities hospital-wide, including, mock code drill and simulation drills.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates classes as needed to update staff to changes in policy and procedure.
- Coordinates train-the-trainer programs, as well as training end-users in Critical Care Services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the departments.
- Knowledge of AHA guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to create and conduct educational offerings using different modalities that incorporate adult learning principles.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Local, State, and Federal education regulatory requirements and participates in activities that sustain readiness for regulatory survey.
- Preforms regulatory tracers and makes appropriate recommendations, communicates effectively and provides educational support through active participation in council/committee activities. Attends designated meetings, Assists development teams to create deliverables.
- Performs activities and maintains files/records that comply with all local, state, and Federal regulatory requirements: American Heart Association, FL Department of Health, C.E. Broker, The Joint Commission, The Agency for Health Care Administration, APEX Impulse / Hemispheres, E.C.C.O.
- Coordinates house-wide in-service training for new products, equipment or processes.
- Incorporates evidence based practice and current guidelines from reputable sources into educational materials. Maintains consistency with organizational policy.
- Responds to educational requests and develops effective plan of action. Evaluates effectiveness and reeducates as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of medications, safety information, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Effective working knowledge of Healthcare Informatics, Power-point, Excel, and Microsoft Word is required.
- Minimum of three years of acute critical care experience (ICU or CVICU).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- MSN in Nursing Education
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Licensed RN
- BLS, ACLS
- See attached addendum for additional criteria
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Plans, develops, implements/provides, and evaluates health related education for Critical Care Services (ICU CVICU and PCU). Coordinates on-boarding as well on-going and annual training related to for Critical Care Services (ICU CVICU and PCU). Role models and facilitates evidence-based practice.
Formulates educational strategies that contribute to or support the direct provision of quality patient care. Ensures compliance with Local, State, and Federal educational requirements, while maintaining valid and complete educational records.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.