All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Ocala
· Horse Capital of the World
· Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
· Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
· Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
· Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
· Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
· Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
· Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
· Adheres to standards established in the nursing department proficiency program. Satisfactorily completes competency testing/skills validation and maintains current licensures and certifications as required. Attends department-required in-services and 80% of department meetings.
· Provides appropriate patient assessment and care specific to the needs of the patient populations served (e.g. age groups; patients of size; diagnosis-based). Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the specific physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of patients as appropriate to the populations served.
· Participates in Performance Improvement activities, including Core Measures. Completes and documents Core Measure indicators timely and accurately. Collaborates with nurse leader regarding needed policy/procedure changes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of Munroe Regional Medical Center. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Basic computer skills
Excellent human relations and oral/written skills
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
PRN: at least 2 years RN experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current FL RN License
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Ocala
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23031381
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 1500 SW 1ST AVE
Pay Range: $30.94 - $44.2
Location: Ocala, FL
Job ID: 23031381
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day