AdventHealth Centra Care RADIOLOGY TECHNICIAN KS/MO-Olathe in Olathe, Kansas
Welcome to Centra Care!
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are now recruiting for a Radiologic Technician for our Olathe, KS center!
Location: Olathe Urgent Care
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the X-Ray Technician cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities, including laboratory testing and radiographic exams. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Performs basic radiological examinations, including all quality controls/clerical duties. Processes reference laboratory specimens to include venipuncture, specimen handling/ labeling, and tracking results.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Completes general orders and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
· Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
· Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
· May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must be able to operate radiographic equipment and work with electrical and radiant energy
· Comprehensive knowledge of general radiographic procedures
· Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
· Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· CPR Certification
· Current State license – General Radiographer (RT)
Primary Location: US-KS-Olathe
Organization AdventHealth Centra Care
Job Level Staff / Associate
Education Level High School Diploma / GED
Job Posting Dec 20, 2018, 9:00:26 AM
Req ID: 274750
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.