AdventHealth Cardiovascular Invasive Laboratory Specialist IV in Orange City, Florida
Cardiovascular Invasive Laboratory Specialist IV AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside sunny Orlando, Florida.
- Excellent benefits
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput
- Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents
- Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a therapeutic cardiac laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice or performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in an electrophysiology laboratory based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Level II Adult Cardiovascular Services license facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes for adult cardiac procedures and within 45 minutes for pediatric cardiac procedures
- Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel.
- Provides training for CV Invasive Lab Technologist Level I, II, III and IV staff
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined by the state of the facility, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the facility non-waived Point of Care training
- Participates in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost-effective, quality-focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
- Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
- Coronary intervention procedure experience (minimum 500 hours in dedicated cardiac interventional laboratories at a hospital with a Level II [on-site surgery] program.) (Per State Rule 59A-3.2085, Section 17)
- Experience in complex cardiac intervention procedures OR experience in electrophysiology diagnostic and intervention procedures OR experience in pediatric diagnostic and intervention procedures
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Must possess and maintain one of the following: Radiologic Technologist [R.T.(R)], Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), Cardiovascular Therapist (CVT)
Performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.