AdventHealth Cook PRN in Orange City, Florida
Cook PRN AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Blvd. Orange City, FL 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, FL.
PRN (Per Request Needed) Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Follows culinary production records in the preparation of patients and retail food production.
- Small batch cooks and/or cooks to order to ensure quality and temperature of food.
- Checks prep/pull sheets for the following day and pulls/preps foods as needed.
- Prepares attractive and palatable food for patient therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets and room service tickets.
- Prepares food for the cafe and catering.
- Maintains sanitary conditions of floors, stove, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; records temperatures appropriately following HACCP Guidelines.
- Assists in putting up stock and maintains rotation of stock, keeps storage areas organized and sanitary, with all foods labeled and dated.
- Minimizes waste of food by following production sheets and correct portioning of food, as well as through rotation of stock and appropriate handling and storage of all food.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of food service experience in a high volume culinary production capacity.
Under the direct supervision of the FANS management team, the cook is responsible for the handling and preparation of food in accordance with established recipes, sanitation regulations, and following all HACCP Guidelines of the Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.