AdventHealth Craftsman AC Refrigeration Full Time Day in Orange City, Florida
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise due to an emergency situation. Available for on call status. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
- Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on HVAC equipment.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure including but not limited to inspecting, calibrating, adjusting, lubricating, repairing and replacing. Performs and documents scheduled inspections and safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains records ensuring compliance with JCAHO, Federal, State and local regulations and standards. Participates in Performance and Improvement.
- Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Maintains knowledge of growth and development with an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the patient. Child – all electrical outlets in pediatric care areas will have covers, no small objects or tools will be left out. Geriatric – Maintains adequate lighting, keeping hallways and pathways clear of debris, equipment and tools.
- Prefer individual with experience in a medical establishment.
- Must maintain current knowledge base of equipment and demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial air conditioning / heating and refrigeration.
- Should be able to read blueprints, also has to do three months of schooling every year relating to air conditioning / refrigeration or job related field.
- Employee must demonstrate proficiency in all assigned tasks within 4 months from initial hire date
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Prior work related experience necessary.
- Must have at least five (5) years of work experience in the field.
- Two year certification from college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Technician should be certified in the handling of all refrigerants and refrigerant recovery systems.
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the HVAC Technician’s job is dealing with air conditioning and refrigeration equipment in cooperation with all staff members in assisting with safe and effective patient care. Performs any other duties as assigned and directed by the Facilities Supervisor in compliance with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Engineering Department and AdventHealth-East Region. The HVAC Technician is responsible for adhering to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.