AdventHealth Dietary Patient Services Representative PRN in Orange City, Florida
Dietary Patient Services Representative PRN
AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Great Organization to work for
Career growth and advancement potential
PRN as needed - Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Obtains accurate patient diet order information through Cerner and confirms order accuracy in CBORD.
· Communicates with the unit coordinator, nurse or Dietitian to clarify discrepancies.
· Answers Call Center phone line promptly with excellent customer service phone skills.
· Explains menu procedures to patients and assists patients in making diet compliant menu selections.
· Demonstrates competency with CBORD Room Service software.
· Checks for discharges and transfers, and diet order accuracy.
· Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate regarding modified diets and for the ages of the patients served: child, adolescent, adult, geriatric.
· Handles patient phone requests and problems, and/or refers them to the proper personnel as needed.
· Checks emails for Get Well Network, Patient Experience Reports, FHMMC and FANS electronic communications.
What you will need:
· Must have ability to speak, read, and write English, and follow oral and written instruction in English.
· Basic computer skills required.
· One year of food service experience required in hospitality industry.
· Previous customer service experience required.
Under the supervision of the Food Service Management Team, the patient service representative is responsible for all aspects of the room service call center. Obtains menu selections from patients according to the Cerner diet order and CBORD software restrictions. Answers incoming phone calls and makes outgoing phone calls with excellent customer service phone skills. Communicates with management and/or dietitians to clarify software and/or nutrition questions and/or customer service recovery situations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.