AdventHealth Education Manager Full Time in Orange City, Florida
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs the customary duties as Manager of Education providing education and training, in-services, orientation, and internship programs to hospital personnel in a manner that encourages high quality patient care, a safe environment, and job satisfaction.
- Assists as needed with coordination of programs and instructs and presents on multiple topics in relation to training needs. Develops instructional materials, evaluates commercially produced materials and cooperates with other health system departments and disciplines in utilization of these resources.
- Establishes goals and objectives for program implementation and the Education Department. Goals and objectives are developed from annual needs survey, organization vision, meetings with Department Managers and Directors, education staff feedback, reviews of aggregate data, medical staff feedback, and regulatory requirements. Develops staff education programs to achieve identified goals and objectives.
- Discusses and reviews daily activities with supervised employees to ensure direction of activities meet needs and determine if additional resources are required. Delegates assignments as appropriate to supervised personnel.
- Plans and develops schedule of monthly educational offerings in coordination with Educators, hospital department directors, and others as needs are assessed and planned. Ensures the calendar of events is published and distributed. Monitors attendance in relation to registration to determine appropriate adjustments in scheduling.
- Develops and implements annual house-wide education to meet regulatory requirements and to ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors, and staff. Oversees maintenance of statistics of employees’ education completion utilizing electronic software.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration/Human Resources, or Education is required. Master’s Degree preferred. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Computer Program and adaptable to new software programs. Proficient in use of Cerner electronic medical record software.
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Maintain current AHA ACLS
- Active Florida RN license required.
- Five to six years of educational experience including some clinical. Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills required. Experience may be supplemented by training programs in Instructional Design, Organization Development, and specific technical/clinical skills. Manager of Education is expected to be fully productive within one year of employment.
Manages the activities and personnel in the Education Department of AdventHealth Fish Memorial to provide for the in-service and continuing education needs of employees and the coordination of student group activities. Includes the coordination, preparation, and record keeping for all hospital education programs in compliance with accreditation requirements, state laws and regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.