AdventHealth Medical Technician FT Nights in Orange City, Florida
Medical Technician FT Nights
AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Competitive hourly pay
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
What you will be responsible for:
- Conducts performance checks and calibrates instruments in one or more laboratory areas.
- Recognizes biohazards specimens and processes the specimen accordingly.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures.
- Evaluates media, reagents and standards according to established criteria.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, instruments, reagents, media and other products.
- Evaluates results of quality control, implements corrective action when indicated, and documents action.
- Assesses the validity of laboratory results through correlation of data with patient chart information.
- Anticipates and recognizes errors, responding in an appropriate manner.
- Attends mandatory in-services and other meetings required by the department and hospital.
Demonstrates competency in the performance of laboratory procedures as they relate to specific age groups.
- Maintains professional competency by attendance at continuing education meetings, in-services, etc. with documentation in personnel file.
- Demonstrates a professional attitude when communicating internally and externally with patients, employees, physicians and the public.
- Follows department policies and procedures.
- Fulfills other position responsibilities on a temporary basis or to expand current duties by updating the position description
- Maintains a pleasant and professional attitude towards patients, coworkers and physician
- Responsible for complying with HIPAA,CAP,JC, OSHA and all other local, State and Federal laws governing the hospital in general and the laboratory in particular.
- Must conform to all hospital and laboratory policies and procedures
What you will need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least a minimum of 1 year experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid Technician license from the State of Florida.
Under the immediate supervision of the Section Supervisor, the Medical Technician performs clinical testing in one or more of the following areas of the laboratory: Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis. A Medical Technician obtains or receives specimens, performs clinical laboratory tests by standardized procedures, understands method principle, performs quality control, performs preventative maintenance, and interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Shift: 3 - Night
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.