All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Days - 8am-5pm
The community you’ll be caring for: 1745 Sterling Silver Blvd., Suite 101, Deltona, FL
The role you’ll contribute: This Radiology Scheduler will be responsible for the scheduling of outpatient imaging examinations.
The value you’ll bring to the team
· Schedules and coordinates Diagnostic Imaging exams and ensures all patients are scheduled at the next available appointment or at the patient’s convenience.
· Answers dedicated phone line for scheduling, transfers calls and relays messages as needed
· Ensures a positive relationship with physicians and physician’s office staff to increase physician satisfaction and referrals.
· Provides education to referring physician practices to ensure Quality Assurance and accuracy of scheduled procedure. May call physician office or department to obtain information necessary to schedule events.
· Accurately assembles all patient information gathered from the patient or referring physician to ensure the Pre-registration function occurs in a timely efficient manner.
· Reviews all orders for medical necessity and radiology protocol to ensure accuracy in the appointment.
· Ensures all patient instructions and preparations are reviewed and noted in the appointment for the physician, radiology department and/or patient.
· Maintains a high level of Imaging department knowledge: Neurosurgery, Radiology, and Cardiology to complete the scheduling process in a timely and effective manner.
· Performs radiology clerical functions, greets patients at radiology reception desk, order entry, answering phones, explain exam preparation procedures and completion of appropriate history or other forms as needed.
· Deliver excellent customer service through utilizing a pleasant tone of voice along with a friendly and helpful attitude, while keeping conversation focused on the customer
· Reports errors found in system to supervisor to promote education, coaching, and training opportunities of others.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Requires a high school diploma or GED.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
· Good knowledge of medical terminology required.
· Effective communication skills to deal with patients from infant through geriatric age groups.
· Computer skills for use of hospital computer systems
· Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required.
· Minimum of one-year previous experience in hospital scheduling or physician office scheduling
· Strong background in radiology procedures
· Knowledge of medical necessity requirements
· Previous Imaging scheduling preferred
· Knowledgeable in terminology of diagnostic testing and procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23047480
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $17.39 - $23.05
Location: Orange City, FL
Job ID: 23047480
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day