All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Day Shift
Location: AdventHealth Fish Memorial – 1055 Saxon Blvd, Orange City, FL 32763
The community you will support: Sterile Processing
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for the manual and mechanical decontamination, preparation and sterilization of products, instruments and equipment. Complies with all policies and procedures regarding sterilization, decontamination as it applies to Infection Control, and safety. Participates in routine inspection and monitoring of instrumentation/equipment and assists in the preventative maintenance of Sterile Processing (SPD) equipment. Assesses Keeps surgical instrumentation and endoscopes for in good working order and notifies the shift Lead Technician/Manager of necessary repairs. Assists the shift Lead Technicians/Manager in maintaining essential departmental supplies as directed. Assembles instruments trays/equipment sets according to count sheets/Impress scanning ensuring instrument trays are complete, accurate and in good condition. Notifies the shift Lead Tech/Manager of lost/damaged instruments. Communicates as indicated/directed with departmental supervisory/unit personnel that applicable supply, instruments and equipment provided by SPD is available and ready for scheduled and emergency surgical cases. Orders and receives essential supply stock as directed. When assigned in the role of assembling daily case cart surgical supplies the SPD Technician notifies SPD Manager and/or Database Coordinator of needed updates to Surgeon’s preference cards. In the assigned role as SPD supply technician, applicable supply PAR levels are monitored and replenished as directed.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Decontaminates all surgical instruments and equipment after surgery. Maintains adequate turnaround of instruments and equipment trays in the event of urgent or emergency needs.
· Selects appropriate disinfectants, detergents, sterilization methods and decontamination devices according to device type and applicable instructions for use.
· Inspects, assembles instrument and equipment trays in a timely manner to assure all necessary instruments are present, according to the count sheets, and notifies manager or Lead technician of any deviations.
· Selects proper packaging and sterilization methods as appropriate to the instrumentation.
· Properly loads and unloads sterilizer to ensure items will be exposed to proper sterilization conditions.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
· Certification in Sterile Processing
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038739
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orange City, FL
Job ID: 23038739
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day