AdventHealth Transporter - PRN - Days in Orange City, Florida
* Patient Transporter Full Time AdventHealth Fish Memorial*
* Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial:*
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
* Work Hours/Shift:*
PRN Day Shift
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Transport patients between departments and to and from patient care areas via wheelchair, stretcher, bed, and other transport equipment.
- Responds to transport requests with a sense of urgency, meeting time delivery goals.
- Ensures patient safety by following established procedures and using only approved equipment.
- Works closely with hospital staff and openly communicates and problem solves to ensure client and patient needs are met.
- Handles medical equipment safely including IV pumps/poles, oxygen tanks, PCA pumps, chest tubes, catheters and traction while transporting patients.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with patients.
- Ensures timely response to all patient and patient-related transportation requests and utilizes appropriate transport dispatching system in accordance with established guidelines.
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and standards established by all regulatory agencies including but not limited to Federal, State, The Joint Commission, OSHA and CDC.
- Actively participates in orientation and training activities.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies and procedures including those listed in the Employee Handbook and established by the Hospital and Department.
* What You Will Need:*
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- BLS certification through American Heart Association
- Hospital and/or patient care experience
* Job Summary:*
Responsible for the safe, timely, and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment, and patient-related items to their destinations enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner. Ensures positive patient and customer satisfaction, proper utilization of body mechanics, adherence to policies, procedures, and standards established by Crothall, Hospital, Department and Regulatory Agencies.
Acts as a positive role model and team player demonstrating company and hospital mission and values.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.