AdventHealth Unit Secretary Full Time Overnight in Orange City, Florida
Unit Secretary AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard Orange City, Florida 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Full Time, Overnight Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, answering the telephone, directing visitors to appropriate rooms.
- Presents a positive attitude when greeting visitors and answering telephones while maintaining security and confidentiality for the patients.
- Answers telephones and intercom in a professional manner and take and relays messages accurately and promptly.
- Completely assembles medical record for each patient.
- Provides printed verification of physician consults to include time/date and personal information called.
- Clarifies all unclear orders with the RN/LPN.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Assures accurate location of patients within the computer.
- Removes patients from the computer promptly upon discharge.
- Monitors PALS list and notifies primary Nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room temperature).
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer proficiency required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Six months administrative/clerical experience required with one year previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of completion of Health Unit Coordinator or equivalent course required.
- BLS required.
The Unit Secretary is responsible to assemble, process, and maintain medical records of all patients on nursing unit. The Unit Secretary provides a welcoming and helpful resource for patients and family members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.