AdventHealth Administrative Specialist Hospice Inpatient Unit Orlando FT Day in Orlando, Florida
Administrative Specialist - AdventHealth Hospice Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Hospice Care
- AdventHealth Hospice Care is the only not-for-profit, faith-based, Hospice provider in the Greater Orlando Area
- We are part of the largest healthcare system in the area, AdventHealth
- For almost 30 years, we have provided compassionate care to patients and families during their time of need
- We are a growing organization looking for special talent to come and grow with us
- Besides offering world-class entertainment at the theme parks, the Central Florida area boasts many other entertainment options, such as state parks, nearby beaches, restaurants, performing arts, and professional sports
- Full Time / Day
- 11:30am - 8pm, 9am - 5PM Every Other Weekend.
- Must be willing to float between Altamonte Springs and Orlando hospice units
- Provides general administrative support to the assigned department on a daily basis.
- Updates department resources (i.e. Map of geographic area, team lists, clinical events such as new admissions or discharges, etc.).
- Prepare paperwork for department or team meetings.
- Assists manager with department schedule, as needed.
- Acts as a scheduler and prepares schedule or calendar for manager, team members, etc.
- Assists manager with timekeeper and payroll duties for department team members, as necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing and typing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record.
- Ability to complete Hospice of the Comforter Orientation and Training, as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum of 2 years related administrative or clerical experience is required.
- Associate degree (A.A.) is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
The Administrative Specialist provides general administrative support for the daily activities of the department including support of the director, manager, and other members of the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.