AdventHealth Advanced Registered Nurse Cardiovascular ICU FT Nights $10k Sign-on Bonus in Orlando, Florida
Advanced Registered Nurse Cardiovascular ICU AdventHealth Orlando
601 East Rollins St, Orlando FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Our Cardiovascular ICU unit provides great opportunities to learn and grow with a caring specialized trained team. This unit cares for post-open heart recovery and cardiac intensive care patients. The department cares for over 2,000 cardiac surgery patients per year which ranks first in the state and third in the country. Cares for patients with mechanical circulatory devices, full life support via VA and VV ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation) with the support of our Perfusionists and ECMO Specialists team; as well as Centrimag, Impella, and LVAD.
- We are a Silver Beacon Awarded unit.
- Immediate Benefits
- Full-Time Nights (7pm-7am)
* 10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Utilizes ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care. Takes an active role in prevention of surgical site infections and hospital acquired pressure ulcers by reviewing and reporting on data, developing action plans and participating in process improvement initiatives.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate. Collaborates with physicians for patient care planning, establishment of goals for the unit, and forecasting for patient throughput and capacity in the Cardiothoracic Service line.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- One year experience in cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, or cardiac ICU setting OR cardiovascular operating room experience
- Department specific advanced competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Professional certification (CCRN, CNOR, CSC, CMC, CCTN)
ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)Job Summary:
The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse works in the highly specialized cardiothoracic intensive care unit or operating room that caters to the needs of patients requiring constant monitoring and whose clinical conditions are considered critical. The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse is adept at responding to changes in patient condition that could lead to serious complications and providing immediate interventions as required. The nurse is comfortable in operating and managing complex medical equipment and assisting physicians in the management of the patient. They are responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.