AdventHealth Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist FT Nights in Orlando, Florida
Respiratory Therapist Advanced/Registered -AdventHealth East Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
- Full Time Nights 3 12’s
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per prescriber care plan.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- For Children’s Hospital: Pediatric and Neonatal experience
- Current Valid State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7630, 7637, 0520, 5040, 4270, 1792, and 9390: Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633: Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- For Cost Center 1520 and 3738: Current ACLS, NRP, and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current ACLS and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 0520, 7637, 9390, 5040, 4270, 1792: Current NRP and PALS certification (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.