AdventHealth Advanced Registered Respiratory Therapist FT Waterford Lakes ED in Orlando, Florida
Respiratory Therapist Advanced/Registered - AdventHealth Waterford Lakes ED
Location Address: Orlando, FL 32826
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Waterford Lakes ED
- $5,000.00 Sign-On Bonus and $1,500.00 Relocation Bonus Potential
- The AdventHealth Waterford Lakes Emergency Department (ED) is an extension of our AdventHealth East Orlando Campus – located just east of east.
- The 18,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art emergency healthcare serving the residents of East Orange County open 24-7.
- The 24-bed ED includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care supported by ground transportation if specialty care is needed.
- We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary leadership and world-class resources.
- Full Time 3 12's Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis.
- Responds to Code Blue emergencies immediately providing CPR according to the American Heart Association guidelines.
- Properly utilizes patient assessment skills, prescriber care plans, chart review, and conferring with multidisciplinary team to determine efficacy of therapy in a cost and time efficient manner making appropriate recommendations and changes per prescriber care plan.
- Initiates, maintains, transports and monitors mechanical ventilators to include conventional and advanced modes of ventilation per policy and procedure.
- Proactively initiates process improvement ideas. Assists with clinical instruction and precepting, and serves as a resource person to lower level therapists.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s degree from a Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- For Children’s Hospital : Pediatric and Neonatal experience
- Current Valid State of Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7630, 7637, 0520, 5040, 4270, 1792, and 9390 : Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- For Cost Center 7633 : Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- For Cost Center 1520 and 3738 : Current ACLS, NRP, and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604 : Current ACLS and PALS certification
- For Cost Center 3604: Current NRP certification (Preferred)
- For Cost Center 0520, 7637, 9390, 5040, 4270, 1792: Current NRP and PALS certification (Preferred)
The Advanced/Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the treatment, care, and needs of an assigned group of patients. Ability to accept lead responsibility in the absence of a Lead Therapist / Supervisor, as directed. Specific age groups are identified in the principal duties and job responsibilities section. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth East Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.