AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiac Surgery Critical Care at Central Florida
Full-time opportunity in an inpatient setting for a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The Mental Health Physician Extender is a licensed clinical professional (LMHC, LMFT) wo is a key member of the healthcare team working with patients and families in the critical care setting to address any barriers to mental and emotional health to support the organization's brand promise to Feel Whole. The Mental Health Professional works closely with Critical Care Intensivists to provide support services, psychological first aid, stress related coping, bereavement and navigation resources both within AdventHealth and the community. The Mental Health Professional provides coaching and intervention and is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides support for patients and family members facing critical illness diagnosis and care. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides short term supportive clinical interventions and resource navigation to family members to resolve presenting issues while conducting mental health rounding.
• Provide immediate intervention services for family members.
• Responds to and provides grief support to patients and families.
• Utilizes best practices in trauma-informed care.
• Participates in the development of strategies to support patients and family members dealing with emotional and mental health related needs.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
• Collaborates and partners with Critical Care Intensivists to extend patient and family conversations and care associated with mental and emotional support.
• Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies, and demonstrates continued growth.
• Maintains comprehensive community resources and networks to assist team members as they experience mental health and emotional issues.
• Collaborates with leadership and physicians in establishing a line of communication and understanding psycho-social determinants to attainment of ongoing best practices in patient communication, collaboration and support.
• Ensures patients and families are provided with effective communication of pertinent coping and mental health wellness information.
• Maintains accurate and detailed records of services provided.
• Participates in all training, supervision and case conferences as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree as a LCSW or LMHC
• Psychiatry experience (preferred)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida LCSW or LMHC license
• BLS & ACLS
• DEA License
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant.
AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2023-2024 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report . The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area, and No. 2 in the state. It is the 13th year in a row AdventHealth Orlando has claimed the top spot in Orlando. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for four medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; neurology and neurosurgery; and obstetrics and gynecology.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ORL-A297
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: ORL-A297
Job Family: Physician Services