AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full time Inpatient and Outpatient Opportunity Serving AdventHealth East Orlando
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of injuries or illness of patients with GI related conditions.
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Treating patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus such as GI bleeds, atypical chest pain/GERD, dysphagia, acute hepatitis, gallstone disease, gastroparesis flares, Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis flares
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Monday-Friday 8 am – 5 pm; 1 weekend per month
• Main location: AdventHealth East Orlando
• Call Rotation: Includes hospital rounding and coverage 1 weekend per month
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients and the public
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills are a must.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Willingness to learn.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
• GI Inpatient and Outpatient experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 295-bed full service community hospital became part of the Adventist Health System in 1991. We are proud to serve approximately 180,000 patients annually, which include more than 16,500 inpatients and 79,330 outpatients at AdventHealth East Orlando. In addition, our emergency visits totaled over 130,000 in 2018.
As a part of one of the fastest growing communities in Central Florida, our hospital caters to the east Orange County population. This market consists of the popular Waterford Lakes, Avalon Park, Lake Nona and University of Central Florida areas.
AdventHealth East Orlando is the primary campus for approximately 275 physicians who can utilize our four, new inpatient surgical suites as well as our new technologically advanced 13,500 square foot Outpatient Surgery Center. Our specialized services include: Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Respiratory Care, Center for Family Care, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Men's and Women's Health Programs, Women's Health Pavilion, Hospice Care, Seizure Monitoring, Telemedicine Program, Digestive Health Services, Primary Stroke Center and Sleep Disorders Center.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-east-orlando)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: EAS-A022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: EAS-A022
Job Family: Physician Services