AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group General Surgery at Lake Nona – APRN or PA-C
Full-time opportunity located at AdventHealth East Orlando
AdventHealth Medical Group General Surgery at Lake Nona is looking for a advanced practitioner registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our growing general surgery team in the Lake Nona area. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with multiple physicians and APP’s in an inpatient and outpatient setting. In addition, the ideal candidate should have a good surgical foundation as well as first assist experience.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Patient management and surgical first assist will include the following but not limited to: Skin biopsies, I&D, Catheter removals, Complex Wound Care, Hernia Surgery, Abdominal Wall procedures, Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, and Lumps & Bumps
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting: new patients, follow ups, pre/post operatively
• Handles daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, Ultrasound etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and provide services at AdventHealth East Orlando and AH Kissimmee
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Willingness to learn
• Schedule Details: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Outpatient responsibilities and eventually inpatient responsibilities
• Call is required
• Hospitals covered: AH East Orlando and AH Kissimmee
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant Studies
• General Surgery experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS
• Current, valid DEA license
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 295-bed full service community hospital became part of the Adventist Health System in 1991. We are proud to serve approximately 180,000 patients annually, which include more than 16,500 inpatients and 79,330 outpatients at AdventHealth East Orlando. In addition, our emergency visits totaled over 130,000 in 2018.
As a part of one of the fastest growing communities in Central Florida, our hospital caters to the east Orange County population. This market consists of the popular Waterford Lakes, Avalon Park, Lake Nona and University of Central Florida areas.
AdventHealth East Orlando is the primary campus for approximately 275 physicians who can utilize our four, new inpatient surgical suites as well as our new technologically advanced 13,500 square foot Outpatient Surgery Center. Our specialized services include: Cardiovascular Institute, Cancer Institute, Orthopedic Institute, Respiratory Care, Center for Family Care, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Men's and Women's Health Programs, Women's Health Pavilion, Hospice Care, Seizure Monitoring, Telemedicine Program, Digestive Health Services, Primary Stroke Center and Sleep Disorders Center.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-east-orlando)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: EAS-A018-DHI-GenSurg-New
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: EAS-A018-DHI-GenSurg-New
Job Family: Physician Services