AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Interventional Pulmonology at Orlando
Full Time Opportunity for Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination in the office setting – Primarily in Orlando, FL
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Willingness to learn
• Campuses Covered: AdventHealth Orlando
• Schedule: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Education and Experience:
• Master’s Degree- APRN or PA Studies
• Clinical experience with Pulmonology/Acute Care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• Certification through the ANCC, AANP (or equivalent certification body)
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant.
AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2022-2023 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report . The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area, and No. 2 in the state. It is the 12th year in a row AdventHealth Orlando has claimed the top spot in Orlando. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for six medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; gastroenterology and GI surgery; neurology and neurosurgery; obstetrics and gynecology; and orthopedics.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: JID375983311718
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: JID_3759833_11718
Job Family: Physician Services