AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AHMG Thoracic Surgery Oncology at Orlando Physician Assistant, PA-C
Full time opportunity at AdventHealth Orlando
The ARNP or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult thoracic surgery patients in the clinic and hospital setting for pre and post-operative patients
• Conditions treated and post-op care include but not limited to: Robotic Surgery for the Lungs and Chest, Minimally invasive treatment for Early Stage Lung Cancer, Experienced Surgical Treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Multimodality treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Lung Cancer, Surgical intervention and therapies for Esophageal conditions
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Assist Physician with hospital procedures as needed
• Assist patient and family with pre- and post-operative education
• Assist with the establishment of an adult congenital heart clinic/program
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Schedule will consist of weekly rotations covering inpatient rounding, consults and follow up of thoracic surgical patients.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday, alternating weekends & call responsibilities.
• Campus: AH Orlando
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
• Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary thoracic surgery program
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
• Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Master’s degree in physician assistant (PA-C) Studies
• 2+ years of surgical experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida ARNP or PA license (or eligible)
• Certification through AANP, ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally recognized certification body (or eligible)
• BLS, ACLS certification preferred
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant.
AdventHealth Orlando was named a 2023-2024 Best Hospital by the magazine U.S. News & World Report . The hospital was ranked No. 1 in the Orlando metro area, and No. 2 in the state. It is the 13th year in a row AdventHealth Orlando has claimed the top spot in Orlando. In addition, the hospital was ranked among the top 50 in the nation for four medical specialties: cancer; diabetes and endocrinology; neurology and neurosurgery; and obstetrics and gynecology.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-orlando)
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Osceola County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ORL-A284_1
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: ORL-A284_1
Job Family: Physician Services