All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time – 36/hrs per week
Shift : Night, 7p-7a (Sat/Sun/Mon)
The community you’ll be caring for:
Location: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Assists licensed anesthesia providers with patient care and equipment maintenance for routine surgical cases.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of an Anesthesia Technician Training Class OR 1-year experience as an Anesthesia Tech.
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Knowledge and basic skills related to aseptic/ sterile technique and sterility of supplies
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· One year of experience as an anesthesia tech
· High school diploma or GED
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Cleans and sets up anesthesia equipment
· Assists anesthesia providers with patient assessment, monitoring, transporting, positioning, insertion of intravenous and other invasive lines, and airway management
· Maintains equipment and troubleshoots malfunctions
· Ensures necessary equipment and supply inventory remain in stock
· Assists with schedule preparations, which includes emergent and urgent surgical procedures involving anesthesia
· Provides routine and emergency services for anesthesiologists
· Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist or CRNA assists anesthesia professional staff as requested: Assists in preparation and draping of patient for invasive monitoring/ procedures by licensed anesthesia providers. Assists and anticipates needs of licensed anesthesia providers in invasive monitor insertion and procedures such as pulmonary artery catheter, central venous access, regional anesthesia, fiber optic intubation and is familiar with the ASA Difficult Airway Algorithm. Anticipates need for invasive monitoring according to daily OR schedule. Aids in preparation of patients for routine cases including but not limited to placement of BP cuff, ECG leads, Pulse Oximeter, positioning. Sets up OR for cases which may include the following: Preparation of laryngoscope and intubation equipment, IV solution and tubing set-up and set up of IV warming devices. Participates in the process for blood component verification as needed
· Makes available, assembles, and assists with operation of specialized equipment such as humidification units; fiber optic endoscopic equipment; rapid infusion devices/blood warmers; patient warming devices; neuromuscular devices; infusion pumps and syringes.
· Maintains and organizes the anesthesia environment, equipment, supplies and personnel to facilitate department functions. Maintains the availability of necessary equipment in each operating room. Participates in room turnovers to ensure efficient flow of cases. Provides peri-operative technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23039270
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $17.91 - $21.68
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23039270
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 3 - Night