All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : 8am-5pm with some weekends required
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, ORLANDO 32803
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Orlando
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute: Under the general supervision of the Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor or licensed leader, in collaboration with the Social Work staff, works with the patient/family, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies. The Unit Therapist is a licensed/unlicensed under supervision clinical professional, and a key member of the Behavioral Health Treatment Team who ensures the patient’s progress along the continuum in an efficient, clinically and cost– effective manner. Utilizes expertise in clinical therapy and social work, patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psych-social, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to facilitate clinical therapy services, help create a sound treatment plan and discharge plan to ensure proper interventions and post-discharge patient placement across the healthcare continuum and to maximize outcomes. Utilizes clinical/psychosocial assessment skills and crisis intervention techniques to expedite and support healthcare team’s work with patient/ family. The Unit Therapist, in collaboration with Social Work, is responsible for delivery of clinical services as well as identifying and initiating the most efficient discharge plan to expedite the patient transition to the next appropriate level of care and to reduce length of stay. This position is the organization’s expert in assessing and managing the patient’s clinical and psycho-social needs. The Unit Therapist educates the health care team and physicians about clinical and psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.. Provides behavioral health therapy services
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs psycho-social assessments with patients and families and provides psychotherapy to patients and families coping with mental health and substance use disorders.
· Facilitates age appropriate therapeutic groups on inpatient unit in accordance with department standard/protocol.
· Facilitates individual and family therapy sessions as clinically indicated and in accordance with department standard/protocol.
· Prepares for and attends daily physician clinical rounds and forums to facilitate communication and clinical input to the interdisciplinary team in accordance with department standard/protocol
· Coordinates with the team for discharge and post-discharge arrangements and will advocate for the patient in obtaining and negotiating resources to meet patient needs, as necessary.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
Master’s in Counseling or Master’s in Social Work or related field (ex Masters in Counseling Education)
· Basic Life Support - CPR Cert- must be obtained within 90 days of employment (required)
· Formal De-escalation Training – must be obtained within 90 days of employment (required)
· Acute care hospital experience
· 1 year of experience in a healthcare setting
· State of Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
· Registered Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Worker Intern or Marriage and Family Therapy
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23029612
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $23.25 - $34.88
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23029612
Job Family: Behavioral
Shift: 1 - Day