All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - Biomedical Imaging Engineer Lead
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Program. Supervises biomedical technicians, and is responsible for workload management, overseeing shop operations and ensuring timely performance of maintenance activities. As needed, performs a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of complex biomedical equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the AdventHealth core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork in all professional interactions.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Establishes work priorities and provides daily supervision and support to all assigned staff
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service, while interacting effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff as well as the broader health care community
• Administers coaching, delivers performance feedback and provides discipline with guidance and assistance from the Clinical Engineering Manager
• Makes critical decisions in absence of the Clinical Engineering Manager
• Enforces AdventHealth and facility policies and procedures.
Supervises scheduled maintenance and electrical safety inspections. May also perform such duties as needed.
• Communicates the need for proper planning, time utilization, high quality and cost containment.
• Assists in the evaluation of new equipment, accessories, and supplies and the development of detailed purchase specifications.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to BMETs, evaluates skill set and recommends continual training for technicians.
Supervises and occasionally performs installation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of clinical equipment
• Supervises the maintenance of a calibration program for electronic and safety testing equipment used by the department
• Oversees administrative responsibilities of the department, including work order control, maintenance history records, and safety inspection requests and repair parts inventory records
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or electronics
· Six (6) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
· Six (6) years of military training, or other experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Active CBET Certification.
· Working familiarity with all current accreditation standards such as TJC, DNV.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Bio Medical
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23033982
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $28.6 - $42.9
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23033982
Job Family: Bio Medical
Shift: 1 - Day