All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : 8am-5pm
Location: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET, ORLANDO 32803
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Orlando
· Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
· Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
· AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
· We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute: Under the general supervision of the Director and/or Manager, works with the patient/family, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies. The Brain Health Social Worker-MSW utilizes expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psycho-social, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to assess patients for barriers that interfere with the attainment of healthcare goals. The Social Worker-MSW educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues. These patients will derive primarily from our Neuroscience outpatient programs to include but not limited to: Neuromuscular, Neuroimmunology, Movement Disorders, Memory Disorders and Headache. The Brain Health Social Worker will be working closely with the Neuroscience program Medical Directors to support outpatient clinics and community support/education, in the coordination of necessary ancillary or consultative services. The Brain Health Social Worker also serves as a resource for patients, physicians and allied health professionals, serving in the role of educator and consultant to referred patients. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Advocates for the patient in obtaining and negotiating resources to meet patient needs, as necessary
· Interviews patients/families to complete a thorough and timely psycho-social assessment and to evaluate current support systems available to the patient and family. Completes assessments, per department standards, based upon information from multiple sources including the patient, family, nursing staff and physician as well as information discussed in multi-disciplinary rounds.
· Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to address barriers that may impact or delay patient’s treatment plan.
· Provides patient/family education, adjustment-to-illness counseling, grief counseling and crisis intervention. Provides education to patients/families/caregivers regarding resource options and coping with diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. Ability to provide end of life support.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Master’s in Social Work
· Registered clinical social work intern
· Experience in clinical counseling
· Experience in Adults and Geriatrics
· Registered Clinical Social Work Intern
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24003956
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Florida
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $25.41 - $38.12
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 24003956
Job Family: Case Management
Shift: 1 - Day