AdventHealth Cardiovascular Sono II AEV Evenings in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
- AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
- A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Quality: Performs ultrasound exams per registry in accordance with established and accepted industry-wide published guidelines, as well as within the CVUS departmental protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Utilizes knowledge of anatomy and physiology related to Cardiovascular Ultrasound. Utilizes knowledge of ultrasonic physics. Optimizes all ultrasound images with utilization of the Ultrasound System capabilities.
- Effective and Efficient Care: Completes exams in a timely manner. Works as a team member to provide the best patient care. Explains exams to patients in a way they can understand. Offers additional assistance to patients as warranted. Fulfills required scheduled call duty assignments and responds to facility and starts exam within 60 minutes of notification.
- Assessment: Accesses all available pertinent patient information as it pertains to the exam ordered including, but not limited to, exam appropriateness, progress notes and/or consults found in patient’s chart, patient history, previous diagnostic exam images and/or reports, documented signs and symptoms for exam. Adapts all exams to each patient’s medical situation obtaining all available necessary information for proper interpretation. Performs ongoing monitoring of the patient while their ultrasound exam is in progress.
- Documentation: Accurately documents pertinent information to aid in exam interpretation by reading physician. Completes task list and enters charges as necessary. Documents communication with hospital staff and physicians as it pertains to exam.
- Safety: Maintains patient confidentiality. Ensures performing exam on correct patient by following the two patient identifiers of name and date of birth. Follows hospital Infection Prevention and Hand Washing policies and procedures. Utilizes appropriate PPE during cleaning and high-level disinfection of trans-esophageal echocardiogram (TEE) transducers.
What You Will Need:
- Basic ECG knowledge
- Basic Microsoft Outlook computer skills
- Ability to utilize the measurement package on the ultrasound systems and optimize all acquired diagnostic images
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Diagnostic Sonographer Credentialing Accepted from:
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Must possess two of the following registry certifications (one from each category):
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) and
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or
- Registered Vascular Sonographer (RVS)
- Two years of experience in a hospital cardiovascular ultrasound department
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD) exam experience
- Experience with Philips Ultrasound systems
- Cerner electronic medical records
The Cardiovascular Ultrasound (CVUS) Sonographer II independently performs all ultrasound exams per his/her registries. The cardiovascular ultrasound procedures may be performed on patients that range from neonate through gerontology age. The CVUS sonographer takes ownership of the department and work areas as well as assists physicians and hospital staff when necessary. The CVUS Sonographer also participates in the AdventHealth performance improvement program and performs additional duties as requested. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.