Certified Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Orlando
Location: o 2415 N Orange Ave Suite 700 (7th floor panera building)
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: (Customizable
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift : M-F 730a-4pm
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Assistant functions under the supervision of the Clinic Manager/ ARNP providing clinical and clerical services, including rooming patients, assisting with exams and procedures, and performing waived lab tests. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Fills various clinical positions and duties as assigned within scope of certification/registration.
· Monitors physician/ARNP schedule organizes patient care by having the patient prepared and ready on time for the physician/ARNP visit.
· Rooms patients including vital signs, reason for visit, patient history, allergies, and completes appropriate documentation, following nursing protocols.
· Assists the physician with examination and procedures that he/she performs. Maintains open communication to assure quality care.
· Regularly audits ordered tests to ensure that results are received and followed up in a timely manner to ensure quality health care.
· Monitors appropriate level of nursing supplies and proper functioning and maintenance of instruments and equipment, and reports needs to Clinic Manager/ARNP, or Director as applicable.
· Works well within the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives.
Qualifications - External
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
• Vital signs
• Body substance isolation
• Specimen collection
• 1-year Medical Assistant Experience
• Basic Life Support Certification
• Medical Assistant certification/registration from one of the following:
American Registry of Medical Assistants
National Center for Competency Testing
American Medical Technologists
American Association of Medical Assistants
National Health Career Association
• • Phone skills and etiquette
• Organizational skills
• Bilingual – English Spanish
• Physician office experience
• Graduate from a medical assistant program
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23034721
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 2415 NORTH ORANGE AVENUE
Pay Range: $17.389 - $21.1
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23034721
Job Family: Patient Care
Shift: 1 - Day