All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Up to $10k Sign-On Bonus
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT 3 12s 7a-7p
The role you’ll contribute:
The Surgical First Assistant provides aid in exposure, hemostasis, closure, and other intraoperative technical functions that help the surgeon carry out a safe operation with optimal results for the patient. The Surgical First Assistant also performs pre-operative and post-operative duties to better facilitate proper patient care. These functions are performed during the operation under the direction and supervision of the surgeon and in accordance with hospital policy and appropriate laws and regulations. Collaborates as part of the OR team to ensure efficient and timely room set up and turnover.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes physician preference cards to set up operating suites. May update and route cards appropriately, when instructed
· Determines appropriate surgical equipment and supplies, based on physician’s preference
· Achieves temporary and permanent hemostasis by applying appropriate techniques
· Assists with body plane closures, wound dressing applications, and securing drainage systems
· Positions patients appropriately, uses stabilizing equipment when necessary, and prioritizes patient comfort and safety
· Provides visualization for operative sites by applying appropriate methods.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to prepare surgical suites with appropriate instruments, resources, and supplies based on surgeon preference cards
· Knowledge of instruments, supplies, and equipment utilized for surgical procedures
· Up-to-date knowledge of patient rights and ability to respect cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values
· Up-to-date knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Current certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) as a Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA), or through the National Surgical Association as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA), or American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA). In lieu of certification, previous documented experience as a surgeon
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23024605
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Pay Range: $30.34 - $45.51
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23024605
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day