All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Fri-Sun 7a-7p.
The role you’ll contribute:
Assists surgeons by preparing operating rooms and appropriately arranging surgical equipment and supplies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Conducts field preparation and maintenance
· Conducts instrument counts prior to surgical procedures
· Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients
· Provides patients with supportive care during pre-operative phases
· Collects and labels specimens obtained during surgical procedures
· Maintains surgical instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instrument counts throughout procedures
· Assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times in an efficient and organized manner
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the health care industry
· Up-to-date knowledge of surgical instruments and supplies in order to be able to hand surgeons the correct tools during surgeries
· Up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements and local, state, and national laws
· Ability to understand and process surgeon dictated instructions and directions
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical certificate/diploma in a related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
· If LPN, must have current, valid State license as a Licensed Professional Nurse
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23032944
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $22.344 - $31.92
Location: Orlando, FL
Job ID: 23032944
Job Family: Surgery
Shift: 1 - Day